Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Cellphone Available in Japan


Something I learned this week, which I thought was unreal is that Sharp showed a cell phone that gets its power from the closest star...every 10 minutes spent in the sun charges the phone for one minute of talk time...the phone has been available in Japan since last month...What does this mean for the future? Can you imagine what the world will be like in terms of technological advancements in 5, 10, 15,....100 years??!! Just think of how many advancement our parents have seen in their lifetime, our grandparents, great grandparents, etc...and look at how many even we have seen in ours! It is crazy to think of how advanced we have become and how much quicker these advancements are appearing now!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! That'd give me a reason to not hide it from the sun when I'm outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's interesting...my mom always tells me not to leave my phone in my car!! Think about people living in a state like Arizona...on a really hot day cell phones have been known to melt if left in your car :)

    ReplyDelete