Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Good-Bye and Good-Night Facebook!


A couple of nights ago I got rid of my Facebook...hopefully I won't be needing an account for this course! I'm not exactly sure why I was so inclined to do this, but I was!! To be honest, I never really liked the idea of it in the beginning and my friends ended up talking me into it at which point I was completely LOST!! I soon learned the ins and outs, but now that I have had it for a while it just seems to be getting a bit carried away. I think one motive for deactivating was when one of my teachers started making fun of it...he said something under the lines of, "Now who am I going to hire, the student that comes to class dressed to impress, ready and eager to learn or the one that comes in ready and eager to check their Facebook?" I got a kick out of that! I do understand that Facebook is a nice way to keep in touch with friends and family, but did we not do that before Facebook? I did...it seems that in every course I have taken during my time at MSU, students with laptops, actually phones too because I've see it being accessed that way, are surfing through Facebook...
The digital world is taking over!! kinda neat to think of all the advancements throughout the years...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Darcie,

    Your post got me to thinking, was originally just going to send you an email but then thought might be good to put my own thoughts out there and fits an example of this weeks required post: so blogged on Facebook, etc. -- not anywhere done thinking about it either as you can see by its gloomy ending.

    Thanks for sharing :)
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, facebook is just going way overboard now. I don't think I have gone to a class in the past year where there is not at least one person checking it while the professor is talking. It's kind of bad how reliable people have become on it, especially now that it can be checked from a phone! Technology is definetly impacting society hugely, and people are taking full advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed this too with sites such as facebook and myspace. I always see students in class checking them constantly. This is one of the reasons I do not bring my laptop to class. I know that I will spend little time focusing on the lecture, and most of classtime reading about other people's lives. It is amazing how reliant we are on sites like these and how big of an impact they have had on society as a whole!

    ReplyDelete