Friday, November 13, 2009

"I'm going to be an angel."

Many of you may have heard about the 5 year old boy from South Lyon, Michigan who was diagnosed with neuroblastoma cancer 2 years ago...for those of you who have not, his parents sent out a word explaining that their family would be celebrating Christmas early due to the fact that Noah does not have much longer to live and may not make it to Christmas day...they asked that anyone send cards because that is what Noah wants this Christmas.

Post offices have been BOMBARDED with thousands of heeping mounds of cards and gifts!! I saw on the news one night inside a post office, and wow! it was incredible how many people responded...there was a whole section with bins dedicated just for Noah.

The reason why I chose to post this was not only to spread the news further, but also because I found it to be relative to the course...reporters said: "In this CYBER AGE, word spread quickly." I thought that was pretty amazing. There is a Facebook invitation page with over 10,000 guests and wall posts as well as a post, which is at the top of the list, on REDDIT(source for new and popular news).

You can see their address on REDDIT, but I will include it to make it easily accessible incase anyone is interested in sending a little something:
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI. 48178


People from all over the world are sending cards, but one person in particular sent something unique...an angel ornament...and when Noah was asked what it means to him he replied by saying, "I am going to heaven, and I will be an angel."

2 comments:

  1. I've been seeing/recieving so many things about this online. Thank goodness for technology being able to make word spread even quicker so that his wish can come true! It's such a touching story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very touching! I think it's great that strangers are showing their support...

    ReplyDelete