Sunday, November 1, 2009

Vicious Virus via Facebook

This past weekend I heard about a virus that was attacking Facebook and in turn ruining your entire computer. Although I recently deactivated my account, I still paid close attention to the news...

From what I understand the virus is sending out e-mails to users everywhere about resetting your user name and password so be careful not to open anything claiming to be from facebook!

A computer professor was talking about how easy it is to fool sites like facebook...he talked about making a fake page look identical to someone elses, which would fool them into logging onto his and giving him access to EVERYTHING!

This seems obvious...JUST DON'T BE STUPID ENOUGH TO OPEN EMAILS CLAIMING YOUR PASSWORD HAS BEEN, OR NEEDS TO BE, CHANGED, but it is sneaky and always finds a way to get a desired amount of people...so BE CAREFUL!

These attackers are adding spam and all sorts of malicious content to your computer!

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting you're writing about this because in the past two weeks I have received two messages from someone I rarely talk to. I opened the messages and then noticed there was a link in it. I'm positive his profile was hacked and I'm really glad I wasn't naive and clicked on it! Viruses are awful!

    ReplyDelete